Tuesday 27 February 2007

Flying visit to Hungary

Before I know it - my Hungarian trip has been and gone...
All that the Tuesday to Sunday trip seemed to entail was bus - train - train - plane - car - Tata - train - train - Szerencs - train - train - Tata - car - airport again lol - plane - train - train - home!

I couldn't for the life of me remember my log in at Szerencs internet cafe - lol - but at least I read my emails...

I think train is an ok way to travel through Hungary - u get a good slice of the countryside - and some of the urban landscape too I guess... its a lot different from UK - you simply wouldnt have buildings lying empty and abandoned so long - everything here is so valuable for rebuilding - there were 3 petrol stations on Kingston Hill a few years ago... now there is just the one.. and everywhere the little shops and terranced houses are being pulled down and replaced by upward expansion.. pub car parks (gone) and the pub garden (halved) in its place a block of flats... no such intensity in the Hungarian countryside - space sure seems much more abundant...

I should try and write more on my visit - however today I am off work with a cold and aching bones... :( I have some reports to do so - I will break the back of those after porridge and Golden Syrup...

all best everyone
SHR3

No comments: