Saturday 10 March 2007

Busy Sports Week number one of three

Monday - the girls went to play netball against a school we have never beaten, despite the traffic problems and a twisting route that I had to talk them through - over the mobile (to the passenger!) they came back triumphant having won 11-2...

Tuesday - Swim GALA (I like to write it this way cos it sounds american - and although I realise americans write pretty poor "English" I none-the-less enjoy some of their sounds - at times... Anyway the races all went well - and we finished the full programme this year - but I might add last year wasnt my fault - the pool staff didnt put the lane ropes out soon enough..

Thursday - Inter-House Cross-country... 2 Juniors broke the sub 8-min barrier... and the record for the Junior event was absolutely ripped to shreds... the wonderkid has a dad who was with the Hungarian State Circus when he was younger... he sure is a real talent - only 3 15/16 year-olds have run the one lap faster in the past 9 years (he is 13)

Today - I get paperwork done for the Netball Tournament next week, and the Sports Weekend which takes place in 2 weeks time... I might add the Programme for the Senior 5-a-side Football (soccer to you Americans) went out earlier this week... The netabll is a first - the soccer (8 schools0 has been running 8 years.

This weekend - a break - I heard from my son... a single line of text on my mobile. He is having a "sleep-over" with some mate - somewhere... still as he hadnt written- phoned - emailed since I returned his rather rude letter 10 days ago I see it as a minor break through... maybe I will start writing once a day again - even if he "aint particularly (bovvered)" ouch - lol - etc

SHR
PS I have added some blog links - man these people can write - and their sites are awesome...

No comments: